What you are up to?


I'm up to a new thing called podcast. If some of you are wondering where have I been, yes I was never interested in listening podcast. No special reason though.


I remember that I always enjoy listening to radio when I was young. As I woke up I turned my radio on, got prepared, took my breakfast, walked to the bus shelter, queued to wait for my bus, stood in the bus packed with white collars, and finally turned my radio off when the work time started. I turned it on again when my work done, accompanied by the talks and the songs played in the radio on my way home. As I grew up my preference slowly changed and so the radio stations that I listened to. 

The podcast that I listen to is hosted by three announcers that I knew from radios. I even followed one of them on Instagram since he loves reading and shares books that he reads. Two of them are in their early 40's and one is in his last 30's just like I am now. You can imagine how much I can relate to most of their jokes, the themes that they chose and even the soundtrack! (Yes, they really like to sing!) One of them is also a mom so the parenting thing is brought up sometimes, feels like a bonus to me since I am a mom too.

We are quarantined since 9 months ago, so hang out, chit chat and leisure time with friends become luxurious things. I miss hanging out with my friends. A lot! And I don't enjoy zooming with them, I still prefer to chit chatting while sipping our alcohol shots. So my days filled with less and less laugh. But not anymore. This podcast is one of my routines now, I listen to it every day because it brings my laugh back, like a lot! I feel like I am in the midst of chill talk with my friends, talking about things what we usually talk about. And their jokes, OMG! we are definitely from the same generation. 

I take my time, there are so many episodes that I haven't listened to cause I don't want to run out of episode. I forgot to mention that it's a weekly podcast so we have to be patient and wait every Monday for the new episode to come. And since I'm kinda addicted to it, so I will continue to listen one to two episodes a day. An episode a day can keep doctor away! Lol!

Did I mention the name of the podcast? It's YOLO, Your Life with Ours, you can find it in Spotify or Instagram cause sometimes they live on IG too. If you are around my age and you grow and live in Jakarta, I bet you will enjoy this as much as I do. But if you are from younger generation, well I'm not sure you'll do. We never know, just give it a shot!  


 

Comments

Popular Posts